Meaning of Colors
Color psychology is a well-known, yet less explored branch of the study of how our brain perceives what it visualizes. As far as scientific research goes, there is not much to work with. However, the impact that colors have on our brains is used to manipulate our decision making by multiple facets of society.
Meaning of Red
- Associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as we ll as passion, desire, and love.
- Enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
- It attracts attention more than any other color, at times signifying danger.
People with red personality type are usually quite active, cheerful and optimistic, similar to sanguine personality type. It is interesting that word “sanguine” means “bloody” in Latin language, not in the meaning of bloodshed but in the meaning of excess of blood. It is believed that excess of blood leads to cheerful optimism, just like you see in people with red color personality type. It is an interesting coincidence that red color is strongly associated with blood.
Meaning of Orange
- Combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow.
- Associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics.
- Represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
People with orange color personality type can be described as social butterflies. They sincerely love people and like to be around others; one of their deepest needs is to belong, to be a part of a group. Dealing with these people is easy. They aren’t judgmental and their presence is not intense. They are generally kind, warm and optimistic. However, this doesn’t mean that they are needy. They love freedom and adventure and prefer to socialize with like-minded individuals.
Meaning of Yellow
- Associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy.
- Bright, pure yellow is an attention getter, which is the reason taxicabs are painted this color.
- Yellow indicates honor and loyalty. Later the meaning of yell ow was connected with cowardice.
- When overused, yellow may have a disturbing effect. It is known that babies cry more in yellow rooms.
Yellow personality type is fun and exciting to be around. Their sophisticated manners combined with great sense of humor makes them excellent company, desired by many. When not in mood, people with personality type yellow may act aloof and mean, however this is only temporary.
Meaning of Green
- Color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility.
- Strong emotional correspondence with safety.
- Dark green is also commonly associated with money.
- Green suggests stability and endurance.
- Symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
This type is characterized by loyalty and faithfulness. These are very caring individuals who make excellent friends and partners. They are good listeners and crying on their shoulder can be quite therapeutic. They sincerely care about you and your well-being; in fact, they tend to forget their own needs while taking care of others.
Meaning of White
- Associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity..
- Signifies safety, purity, and cleanliness.
- Usually has a positive connotation.
- Can represent a successful beginning.
- Depicts faith and purity.
Personality color white is associated with high standards in cleanliness in appearance. Indeed, even tiniest spot will be more obvious on white and many people tend to avoid white just for this reason. Your consistent choice of white over other colors shows your confidence in yourself, your openness, fearlessness and your striving for perfection.
Meaning of Black
- Associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.
- Usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, ‘black death’).
- Denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color.
- Since personality color black was described by color psychologists as decisive, powerful and confident, people with this personality type will make excellent leaders or entrepreneurs.
Usually it is assigned deeper meaning than other colors. For example, some may see it as a color of mourning, hence for them it is associated with sadness. Others see it as a color of mystery, think dark sunglasses, cars with tinted windows, mysterious stranger on black horse and black cats. Some believe it can enhance sexual attractiveness; many women prefer black lingerie. And yet there are some others who wear black as a sign of rebellion.